[KPI Alert Rules] Mass subscription of Users via User Maps vs. via Group assignment
Any User Map created in the system (at Content > User Maps) can be used as a Subscription User Map for KPI Alert Rules.
- For dimensioned Metrics: If the KPI Alert Rule is applied to a dimensioned Metric, make sure that a User Map includes a column with Dimension Values.
- User Map settings override individual and Group subscriptions defined by Admins. For example, if a User has been previously subscribed to all values of the "Country" dimension by individual/group subscription, but according to the User Map he only has access to "Germany" Dimension Value, once this User Map is applied to a KPI Alert rule, he will only be subscribed to "Germany" Chart and only get data on Germany. Further subscription changes of this User can only be made via a User Map unless it is unapplied from an Alert.
NOTE: Personal User subscriptions are summed up with User Map subscriptions. For example, if a User is subscribed to Alerts per "Germany" via a User map and he additionally subscribes to "Spain" in the Metric Viewer, he will receive Alert Notifications from both countries.
Create a User Map NOTE: The first column of a User Map is always treated as a Username column.
While you can assign an entire Group to an Alert, please note the differences from applying a User Map
- For dimensioned Metrics: 'ALL' dimension values are assigned to each Group member; which alerts they actually see will be determined by their individual Security access
- When a User is newly assigned to a Group, he will automatically be assigned Alerts the Group is assigned to
- If a Member is removed from a Group, he will not be removed from the Alert; this must be done manually via Alert Editor
- If entire Group is removed from an Alert, all members will be unsubscribed from the Alert, even if they were individually added to the Alert
- Can be used for: Managed and non-managed Alerts. For details refer to: Managed Alerting
1. How to apply a User Map to a KPI Alert
You can access Alert Editor in one of the following ways:
- Via the Metric Viewer (shown in the picture above):
- At the upper right corner of the Metric Viewer click the Alert icon (bell). the pop-up opens
- Edit the KPI rule to which a User Map should be applied
- Via the Metric Editor > Alerting tab > Alert Rules associated with this Metric
- Via the Content top menu: access Content > Alerts > KPI Alerts > choose the Rule from the list
- In the User Map Subscriptions sections click [+ Edit User Map Access] to open the pop-up
- Subscription map: Choose the applicable User Map from the drop-down list. NOTE: The first column of a User Map is always treated as a Username column.
- This field is shown only for Alerts which are applied to dimensioned Metrics and is named after a Dimension. <Dimension name>: Map a column in a User Map with dimension KEY values.
2. Helpful Info
User Access Requirements
Simple (non-dimensioned) Metric: Users from the User map should have access permission granted either individually or via a Group membership. Can be checked at: Admin > Users > User Editor > Elements tab.
Dimensioned Metric: Users from the User map should have access to:
- Metric itself granted either individually or via a Group membership. Can be checked at: Admin > Users > User Editor > Elements tab
- All or the same dimension Values as designated in the User map. Can be checked at: Admin > Users > User Editor > Dimensions tab
3. How to delete a User Map from a KPI Alert
After the User Map is removed from KPI Alert Rule, users that were subscribed by User Map will be still stay subscribed to this Alert.
- In the User Map Subscriptions sections click [+ Edit User Map Access]. User Map Dimension Access pop-up opens.
- From the drop-down list choose an option denoting no User Map (--)