Create External Content from Microsoft Power BI Cloud
This article describes how to create External Content linked to Applications from Microsoft Power BI Cloud.
1. Create New External Content Element
Access [+ New] > External Content
- Enter a Name for your External Content
- Choose "Microsoft Power BI Application" as External Content Type
- Choose a Category where the External Content will be placed
- Set URL Source to "Generate Automatically"
- Choose a Plugin Connection Profile
- See Provide Optional Parameters and Object Filters Cheat Sheet for details on how to configure your Data Source to fetch Power BI Applications
- Report: choose an Application that will serve as a source for External Content
- URL Template: choose "MS Power BI Application"
- External Content URL is generated automatically
- Show in: "External Webpage"
- [Next: Define Details]
Note: Microsoft Power BI Applications can be displayed only in external webpages.