Bulk-Add External Content
[Available beginning in 6.3.4] If there are several External Content Elements in the BI tool database, it is possible to select as many of them as required and bulk-add to Metric Insights all at once.
Below are the instructions for bulk-adding Microsoft Power BI External Content, but the steps are essentially the same for other BI tools.
Established Connectivity to Data Source
1. Select the BI Tool
Access + New > Bulk Add Ext. Contents > BI tool
2. Define Details
- Select the connection profile
- Choose the Objects
- [Select all] to activate all the checkboxes in the list
- Optionally, activate the checkboxes near the Objects that are to be imported
- Select the Template
- Choose Category in which to place the External Content
- Define if report images are to be updated automatically
- Select where to open External Content
3. Verify the Import Results
- [View On Homepage] to see how the the External Content Objects will be displayed on the Homepage.
- [Elements List] to be redirected to the External Content Elements list.
- [Add More External Contents] to stay on this page and continue adding the selected Elements.