External Report Auto Synchronization for Power BI
The Auto Synchronization functionality automates creation of External Reports from the Microsoft Power BI objects and simplifies the process of updating existing External Reports. This article shows how to set Auto Sync for Power BI External Reports and describes all specific details of Auto Syncing for Microsoft Power BI plugin.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources and click the Microsoft Power BI Data Source Active Name link to open the Data Source Editor
In the Info tab:
- Activate the Enable Content Auto Synchronization toggle
- Parent Category: Choose the Parent Category where External Reports are synced
- Select the Mirror Folder Hierarchy in Microsoft Power BI Cloud checkbox to automatically create subcategories and mirror the structure in the Microsoft Power BI Cloud
- The hierarchy of categories is based on Workspace
- External Report Template: Choose the Template from the drop-down menu
In Microsoft Power BI Cloud Objects tab:
- [Refresh List] updates the Objects list and creates new External Reports placing them into the Category selected in Info tab
- [Run History] provides data on all previous sync runs
NOTE: Each new automatically created External Report is named after the object of its origin.
Metric Insights creates one element per Microsoft Power BI Report. Supported types are "Report" and "Dashboard". They are stored in the Elements tab of Power BI Data Source Editor.
To check the synced External Reports access their assigned Parent Category from Content > Categories. The External Reports are listed in the Elements tab.