Establish connectivity to Salesforce
This article describes how to connect to Salesforce in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plug-ins can be found in Create a New Plugin Data Source.
Our plugin currently supports functioning with Salesforce Classic UI, so make sure that the User account has SalesForce Classic UI enabled on the SalesForce site.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
[+ New Data Source].
2. "Select the Type of New Data Source" pop-up opens
- Select "Other" and choose "Salesforce Reports" from the drop-down list
3. Provide Required and Optional Parameters
- Data Source Name: will default but you may modify it
- Client id: enter the API key value ("Consumer Key" in Salesforce) that is used for OAuth 2 authorization of connected Apps
- Client secret: enter the API key value ("Consumer Secret" in Salesforce) that is used for OAuth 2 authorization of connected Apps
- Token: enter the security token provided by Salesforce
- Username / Password: note that your Username must be in the same format that your Salesforce server uses for authentication
- Optionally, specify the name of your custom Salesforce Server that you want to use instead of a default
- Test connection (this will also save your entries)
- Go to Build > Create > Apps
- Connected Apps > Open the App link
- In the API section, copy Consumer Key
- Click the link to reveal and copy Consumer Secret
4. Advanced Configuration
Generate Object List: This setting influences options available in the Salesforce Reports Objects tab:
- In the Adobe Analytics Objects tab click Refresh list to refresh/add all Objects currently in the BI system
- [New in 5.3.2] Object List Refresh Trigger will appear allowing you to schedule the Refresh function to run automatically (Optional)
- Reports must be added one-by-one or via CSV file in the Salesforce Reports Objects tab
- Object Selection Method: specify how Salesforce Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
5. Other Settings
- You can create Datasets or Elements directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign use of this Plugin to Groups or Power Users