How to collect data from Dropbox Paper (External Report)
A Metric Insights' element or Dataset can be populated automatically based on data fetched from Dropbox Paper.
- You must have already established connectivity to Dropbox Paper via the respective plugin connection profile.
This article shows how to create an External Report the Plugin Data Sources Editor (Alternatively, access New > External Report > Dropbox Paper to build an External Report).
1. Plugin Data Sources Editor > Elements tab
- Access Plugin Data Sources Editor > Elements tab
- Clicking [New Element] opens the "Select the Type of New Element pop-up"
- Choose External Report
2. Define the Report basics
The New External Report screen opens. Provide the following information:
- Give your new External Report a Name
- Report Type: from the dropdown, select Dropbox Paper
- If necessary, add a Description
- Place your Report in a relevant Category and, optionally, add it to a Folder
- Define whether you want Report content to be updated manually or automatically. In case you choose Automatic Collection, define the following settings:
- Specify the Report Image Trigger from the drop-down list
- Select the Plugin Connection Profile you have created for Dropbox Paper
- Report: Select a report available on the server
- Click [Next: define details] to proceed with Report creation
3. Additional Settings
Show Report in: The Report sourced from Dropbox Paper is typically shown on the source (external) page
- You can always change the default "External Webpage" setting to "Viewer"
- The External Report URL will be generated automatically based on your other inputs. If you like, you can modify the URL by appending a question mark (?) followed by any filter or parameter settings
- Save and Collect Image: click to create the Preview and Thumbnail images for display on the Homepage and Notifications.
- Enable and publish your Report
4. Verify the display on external Webpage (or in Viewer)
The External Report is now available for use.
- Based on your display settings, the Report will either be shown in Dropbox Paper (External Webpage) or in the Metric Insights Viewer.