Establish connectivity to Dropbox Paper
This article describes how to connect to Dropbox Paper server in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
- Before using the Dropbox Paper plugin, you must have registered an account with Dropbox
- Since the plugin uses security token from your account, get the Dropbox security Token
General instructions on setting up data sources based on plugins can be found here
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. "Select the Type of New Data Source" pop-up opens
- Select "Other" and choose "Dropbox Paper" from the drop-down list
- Next step
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name is defaulted but you may modify it
- Token: enter the security token provided by Dropbox
- Save your entries
- Test Connection
If your connection is successful, you may move on to Advanced settings.
3.1.1. DBX Platform developer portal > My apps
- Access DBX Platform Developer Portal
- On the Homepage, click [My apps]
- Click the name of your Application
- If you do not have an application yet, create one with the [Create app] button
You will be redirected to the App's page on the App Console.
3.1.2. Dropbox App Console > Generate Token
On your App's page, find the Generate button:
- Click [Generate] to get the Token
4. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector].
Generate Object List: This setting influences options available in the Dropbox Paper Objects tab:
- automatically: all Objects are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Objects may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data from Dropbox Paper Objects
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Documents for this Data Source:
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
5. Obtain a list of External Reports
- Go to Dropbox Paper Objects tab
- To obtain a list of Dropbox Paper Documents, click the [Refresh list] button
6. Other Settings
- You can create Elements directly from the respective tab
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to the Data Source to Groups or Power Users