How to Replace an OVA
This article explains the steps needed to replace an old OVA with a new one.
High level summary:
1. get a new OVA (version x.y.z)
2. get an application backup (ie, db) of Metric Insights (version a.b.c)
3. give your VM management team the new OVA (version x.y.z)
4. your VM management team takes "Snapshot" of the existing VM
5. your VM management loads the new OVA (x.y.z) into VM
6. restore application backup to new VM (x.y.z) using -c (convert) flag
7. test login to MI
1. Obtain a copy of new OVA
Contact Metric Insights to request access to download new OVA.
2. Connect to your existing VM and create backup file
Run the above command from a shell prompt:
This will create backup file in the /var/backups/mi-app-backups/ directory.
More details on backing up your instance
4. Connect to your new VM and restore your backed up data
Run the this command from a shell prompt:
mi-app-restore -c /path/to/backup_file
The '-c' flag will cause the backup file to be upgraded to the same version as the new VM.
When prompted, enter 'Y' to convert and upgrade.
Test log in to Metric Insights
Try logging into the user interface.
Confirm that you see "version: n.n.nnn" in the lower left-hand corner of your Home Page