First Login Options
After the Administrator has set up your Metric Insights account, you will receive information about your account in one of the following ways:
- A System-generated email containing your Username, Password, and a link to the Metric Insights Login page.
- A communication sent directly to you from your Administrator, (note, call, email), containing a link to the Metric Insights Login Page, your Username, and your Password
- Using your corporate Single-Signon option, i.e. LDAP or Active Directory
To view more detailed instructions on how to complete your first Login, see information below:
- Once an account for you has been generated in Metric Insights, you are going to receive an email with Username and temporary password.
- Click Login now to start working with the system
NOTE: You are most likely going to be asked to change your password after the first login.
Instead of having the system send you a welcoming email, your Metric Insights Administrator may send you a personal email, provide a written/printed notice or make a phone call to you for the purpose of providing a link for you to access Metric Insights along with a Username and a Password that are either:
- Temporary and to be changed upon login
- Semi-permanent to be changed in the future at your discretion or according to your organization's policy
If your Metric Insights instance is configured to connect to your corporate single-sign-on system, you can use your existing LDAP or Active Directory credentials to access Metric Insights.
When Metric Insights is configured for single-sign on, it does not hold your password in its database. You are, therefore, not permitted to change or recover your Password using Metric Insights. You must follow the procedure established by your organization in order to change or recover your password.
NOTE: If you are logging in for the first time, your Homepage will reflect the content that is available to the Metric Insights user group that is mapped to your Single-Sign-On group. Contact your administrator if you need to require access to additional elements.