Access, Create, and Modify Dataset Views
Metric Insights allow Users to create and save sets of filters for Datasets as Dataset Views. This article describes how to create and edit Dataset Views.
For details on Security check Dataset/User Map Security Overview article.
NOTE: The User can create a View only for those Datasets to which they have been granted Access Permission.
1. Open the Dataset Views List
Access Content > Datasets > Views tab
You will be able to View any Public Views defined for Datasets that you have Permission to Access, plus any Views you have already created.
To edit an existing View click on its Active Name link.
NOTE: Only Administrators and Power Users with Edit Access to the Dataset, may create Public Views.
2. Create a New View from the List
- [+New View]
- Dataset: Select the Dataset from drop-down menu
- Name: Give the Dataset View a descriptive name
- Visibility: Select whether the View is private or shared with other Users
- [New Dataset View]
Selecting [New Dataset View] will transfer you to the Dataset Viewer setup for your new View
3. Create a View from the Dataset Viewer
3.1. Access Dataset Viewer
Open Dataset Editor and click [View]
3.2. Apply Filters to the Dataset
Set the Filters and add necessary Rules. For more details about Dataset filtering check the Dataset Viewer - Exception Detection article.