My Settings (aka "Preferences")
The Metric Insights system provides a series of parameters that can be set to govern the major Catalog and Notifications functions in a manner that best suits the way you use Metric Insights to do your job.
Access Personal Menu > My Settings
- Upload profile picture
- Update personal information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
3. Change language preferences
The Language setting is a beta feature in 6.2.3 Release that supports only German and covers a limited part of the UI in this release.
The functionality is disabled by default. If you do not find this option under My Settings, contact your admin to enable Language display.
In Catalog Display, settings allow to:
- Set to display or hide listing of Categories
- Select tile or list layout
- Set default:
- Select Start Page to be displayed: Drop-down contains the Portal Pages you are authorized to view.
- Set automatic refresh frequency (set higher to reduce refresh frequency, if necessary)
- Set default display for inaccessible tiles:
- Locked tiles: Contain locked indicators and/or blurred images
- Hidden tiles: Can be shown by selecting "Show them" on the banner on Catalog
For External Report set as "internal" but "discoverable to users without access", the system allows to blur their image, set a request to grant access, upload custom review page, and customize access denied message.
For unauthorized users:
- Some tiles require granting access (locked, but are discoverable), or
- Inaccessible tiles can be hidden or shown
For more information, see Set Custom Access Requests.
Catalog Tile Display
Catalog Tile Display allows a user to:
- Enable tiles preview
- Arrange placement of the total Dimension value
- Choose color scheme (examples based on the color scheme selected are shown below)
- Set time after which Alert, Annotation or Note icons are removed when hovering over a tile
Data Entry Preferences
Data Entry Preferences allow a user to:
- Enable warning about leaving a page
- Validate fetch command variables when editing Datasets, Metrics, and Dimensions
- Set Editors to open in either simplified mode (based on a template) or advanced mode (with all available settings)