Find Related Elements from Metric Viewers
If you want to extend your analysis by looking at other Metrics and Reports that contain the information that may be relevant to the element being viewed, there are various sections to help you. All of these relationships are input into the grids on the Editor > Associations tab.
- See Related: This drop-down list contains other elements that contain common or similar information. This contains basically the same elements and links as the Day Detail section of the Summary section on right-hand side of Chart.
- Linked Reports: Allows you to associate this Metric with any other Element your users might find useful for deeper analysis. This is the "Elements for Further Analysis" grid in the Editor
- Related elements by Measurement Interval: Allows you to associate other elements based on their Measurement Interval. These elements display in the Measurement Interval drop box.
Selecting links to other elements, one by one, allows you to open and explore other elements and analyze trends to gain more insight into the results.
1. See Related on Element Viewer
- To open the list of elements that have common or similar information with the element being viewed, click See Related. The drop-down list with elements opens.
- If you are searching for a specific element(s), enter its full name or key word into the Search field.
- Each entry contains an icon defining the related element's type
- The Day Detail information shows the same data in the Summary section of the Viewer
2. Elements for Further Analysis (Linked Reports)
3. Related Elements by 'Measurement Interval'
Since the elements based on the MTD and YTD Measure Intervals can be associated with this Daily element, these elements are displayed in the Measure Interval drop-down list and are not duplicated in the See Related drop-down list
3.1. How are Measurement Interval options added?
- Click [+New Association] to open popup
- Select a new Measurement Interval; you cannot associate more than one Metric per Interval period
- Select Element name from list
- These 3 Metrics have already been linked to your Metric via Associations in those Metrics; your Metric will appear as associated with those Metrics but they will not display on your Metric.