Collect data from Google BigQuery (Dataset example)
A Metric Insights' Dataset or element can be populated automatically based on data fetched from Google BigQuery.
You must have already established connectivity to Google BigQuery via the respective plugin connection profile.
1. Access New > Datasets > Create New
You will be redirected to the Dataset Editor
2. Dataset Editor > Info tab
Enter the basics:
- Measured: select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set.
- Collecting: new Datasets are always disabled by default to make sure that you can take time to configure them properly before enabling. This setting is duplicated at the top of the screen.
- Name: provide a unique name for your Dataset. Preferably, the Dataset name should explain what kind of data it contains.
- Description: optionally, provide any additional information about your Dataset.
- Category: specify the Category where you Dataset will be placed.
Move to the Data tab to define the source of data and how often it should be updated.
3. Define the Settings for Data Collection
- Data Source: select the connection profile you have created for Google BigQuery.
- Data collection trigger: specify the Trigger that will be used to collect data for your Dataset.
- External Report: select an external Google BigQuery report that should serve as a basis of your Dataset.
- Input an MIQL Plugin Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Google BigQuery.
- Once you are ready with you command, click Validate.
- Entire field names that contain special characters, aggregation and commas must be enclosed in quotes (single or double).
- It is acceptable to enclose all fields and values in quotes.
[…] + Notation is used to signify that the MIQL parts of a statement are optional/can be repeated.
4. Plug-in command will be validated and Data Collected on Save
- If the command is validated successfully, the Dataset columns and Data Preview are going to be shown below.
- At the upper right corner of the screen click Enable & publish.