Create Dataset from Google BigQuery
This article details how to create Dataset from Google BigQuery.
1. Create New Dataset
Access New > Datasets > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Provide a descriptive name for the Dataset
- Specify Category where you Dataset will be placed
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Define the Settings for Data Collection
- Select the Google BigQuery Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Select Google BigQuery External Report that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- Input Plugin command listing the data to fetch from Google BigQuery
#legacysqlbefore the query to pull data. The SQL type depends on the source BigQuery tables
- NOTE: Add
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
- Entire field names that contain special characters, aggregation and commas must be enclosed in quotes (single or double).
- It is acceptable to enclose all fields and values in quotes.
[…] + Notation is used to signify that the MIQL parts of a statement are optional/can be repeated.
[6.3.1] Datasets can be moved between the available Data Storages. The screen below shows Tableau, but the functionality is essentially the same for all Plugins.
Click the Edit icon next to the Data Storage on Data tab and follow the prompts to complete the operation.