Create Dataset from Google BigQuery
This article details how to create Dataset from Google BigQuery.
1. Create New Dataset
Access New > Datasets > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Provide a descriptive name for the Dataset
- Specify Category where you Dataset will be placed
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Define the Settings for Data Collection
- Select the Google BigQuery Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Select Google BigQuery External Report that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- Input Plugin command listing the data to fetch from Google BigQuery
#legacysqlbefore the query to pull data. The SQL type depends on the source BigQuery tables
- NOTE: Add
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
- Entire field names that contain special characters, aggregation and commas must be enclosed in quotes (single or double).
- It is acceptable to enclose all fields and values in quotes.
[…] + Notation is used to signify that the MIQL parts of a statement are optional/can be repeated.