Create Dataset from Google AdWords
This article details how to create Dataset using the Google AdWords plugin as Data Source.
1. Create New Dataset
Access New > Dataset > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Define if Dataset should be searchable
- Input a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category to place the Dataset
Proceed to Data tab to define details
2. Define Details for Data Collection
- Select the Google AdWords Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Select the Google AdWords External Report that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- Input Plugin command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Google AdWords
- Build the query OR
- Use Visual Editor. This will automatically validate the command
- If the statement is valid, the Validation Rows Preview section pops-up at the bottom of the screen. You can also open it by clicking Show validation rows under the Plugin command box.
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
[6.3.1] Datasets can be moved between the available Data Storages. The screen below shows Tableau, but the functionality is essentially the same for all Plugins.
Click the Edit icon next to the Data Storage on Data tab and follow the prompts to complete the operation.