Debugging User Problems: Log in as a different user
To quickly solve any issues Users and Power Users may have faced, Administrators have to make sure they can reproduce the problem and debug it. For this purpose, Administrators can log in as ANY user created in the system and find/fix issues occurred in user account.
Beginning in 6.2.3, when Power User members of a Primary Groups have the Privilege "Login as Regular Users....", they can actually access the User Editor for Regular Users members of the Primary/Sub groups from an abbreviated User List Page. See this related Security article for more information
1. Access Admin menu > Users & Groups > Users tab
- The list of users available in the system opens
- Find the row of the required user
- Click Login as this User icon
3. The system logs you in as a selected user - panel changes color
Now you can access the system in the exact same way the selected user does (with their Privileges and Permissions applied).
After "testing" access as this User, select Return to <your username> session from the Personal menu. You will return to List of Users