Create a Category with Subcategories
Metric Insights is designed to accomodate many generations of Category/Subcategory hierachy but only 10 offspring per parent. Users must confirm to established Category hierarchy limits in order to avoid an aderse effect on performance.
- A parent Category at any level may only have only 10 Subcategories (children); i.e., horizontally
- The number of "generations" is limited (vertically) only by the convenience of working with the main grid of Categories;
- There is no pagination for the List Page display because the drag and drop capability that is used to sort Category order would not be functional on a long page.
- If an excessive number of Categories; e.g. , more than 1000, the grid displays will be too long and unusable.
- A large number of Categories can negatively affect the overall performance of the Metric Insights system, since many Permissions and access rights must be calculated during request processing.
1. Original Parent Category
2. Horizontal limit: 10 children
3. Vertical Generations: no limit