Prerequisites for Connecting to Tableau Server
These prerequisites should be taken into consideration before moving on to:
Define what type of protocol is used to connect to your tableau server:
In the command line inside the Tableau server (TSM CLI interface), enter the following command to verify whether the XML API is enabled:
tsm configuration get --key api.server.enabled
- If the output of the above command comes back as "
true" this indicates REST API is enabled
- You can read more about TSM configuration keys and what the default values are for each TSM key in this help information from Tableau:
1. In addition to the Command Line approach described above, a second way to verify whether the XML API is enabled is to enter the following URL in your browser address bar:
2. If you receive this result labeled #2 in the above screenshot, the REST API is enabled
3. If you receive a 'This site can't be reached' message, the REST API is disabled. Please see Tableau API Guide for more.
If the Trusted Authentication is set up at your Tableau server, you should define your Metric Insights instance's IP or Host name as "trusted". Follow the link to get step-by-step instructions on how to do it.
In case your connection to Tableau server uses Mutual (or two-way) SSL authentication, Enable Mutual SSL Authentication from Tableau Plugin.
A new parameter,
tlsVersion, can be used for troubleshooting TLS issues. The default value is
The value needs to match the TLS version on the server.
To configure the parameter, go to the Plugin Config page. See instructions in Configure Plugin Parameter Values.