Create Dataset from Tableau
This introductory article describes how to define the basic settings for a Dataset sourced from Tableau.
Access New > Datasets > Create New
Enter the basics:
- Select the measurement interval that applies to the level of aggregation that you want in your result set
- Define if Dataset should be searchable
- Input a descriptive phrase in Name
- Specify Category to place the Dataset
Proceed to Data tab to define details
- Select the Tableau Data Source
- Specify Data collection trigger that will be used to collect data for Dataset
- Select the Tableau Worksheet that should serve as a basis for Dataset
- NOTE: Tableau Plugin does not collect Objects from Personal Spaces.
- You can pre-filter Tableau data via [Manage Filters] before fetching it
- Input Plugin Command listing all the data you would like to fetch from Tableau
- Build your query in MIQL syntax OR
- Use Visual Editor. This will automatically validate the command
- If the statement is valid, the Validation Rows Preview section pops up at the bottom of the screen. You can also open it by clicking Show validation rows under the Plugin command box.
- [Enable & View] to proceed to Dataset Viewer
[6.3.1] Datasets can be moved between the available Data Storage locations.
Click the Edit icon next to the Data Storage on Data tab and follow the prompts to complete the operation.