Tableau Reports: Distribution and Sharing
Metric Insights allows several ways to distribute Tableau Reports:
- as payload for Alerts
- via Bursts that go on Schedule
- as External Visualization of Reports
The starting point for Alert generation is always a Metric. Once you create a Metric to trigger Alerts, you can perform additional functions.
The whole process comprises:
- Building a Metric
- Configuring an Alert Rule
- Adding a Tableau Report to an Alert payload
1.1. Build a Metric
1.2. Create an Alert Rule
- Go to New > Burst to open the Burst Editor.
- Click [+Add Tiles]. In the pop-up that appears, select a Tableau Report.
- Specify the Schedule and Delivery Method for your Burst.
- After verifying all settings, [Save & Enable].
- If you need to test the Burst layout, click [Send now].
To view the process in detail, read:
You can also embed the Tableau Report as Visualization in the Regular Report.
- Go to Report Editor > Report Content tab.
- Select the Tableau Report you want to include as External Visualization.
- Verify the rest of the settings.
For step-by-step guidance, check Add Tableau Visualization to a regular Report (Version 5.0)