Metric Editor Overview
- Select this checkbox to flag the Metric and then Migrate Content using Export/Import Migration Scripts
- For more details check Scripted Migration Utility
Measured: Select a Measurement Interval applied to this Metric. The chosen Measurement Interval instantly applies a set of adjustments to the Metric's behavior, Alert parameters, default naming conventions, Charting Intervals, and Labels. These predefined settings are modifiable
- For more details refer to Update Measurement Interval Settings
Dimension it by: A dimensioned Metric includes a separate tile and Chart for each Dimension Value for which data has been collected. You can create a Dimension with either automatically or manually collected Values on the go by clicking the Plus button or at Content > Dimensions
- For details refer to Creating Dimensions article
- Collecting is: This setting defines whether this Metric is "active" and whether it is going to be updated upon a schedule set up in a Data > Data Collection Trigger.
- Visible: Define whether this Metric should be accessible via a tile on a Homepage and searchable through the Search bar
- Name: Enter a descriptive name for the Metric
- Description: By default this field copies the mane entry. Add a descriptive description here is needed
Category: Category Membership is used to group elements in order to organize system content, enhance the process of giving access to Users/Groups. A new Category can be created on the go by clicking the Plus button or at Content > Categories
- For details refer to Create a Category article
Certified: Certification is a means for Admin and Power Users to identify elements that have been approved as being valid and accurate
- For details refer to Certifying an Element article
Tags: Tags are used to relate elements to each other for purposes of identifying similar Charts when the See Related drop-down list in the Metric Viewer is populated allowing a more in-depth analysis of trends
- For details refer to Create a Tag article
This page is dynamic and it is going to have a different set of options depending on the selected Data Source.
- Data Source: Define the source of fetching data for this element. Possible options:
Data Collection Trigger: Specify how often the data for this Metric should be recollected
- For details refer to Create a Data Collection Trigger article
- Data values are: Select either the data values are "integer" or "decimal"
- Values are additive across time periods: Field will be set to "Yes" if, for example, the daily values can be aggregated to create weekly and monthly values
- Omit current <Measurement Interval> from Chart: This setting depends on the Measurement Interval chosen for this Metric (day/month/year). If you set this field to "Yes", current day/month/year etc. is not going to be displayed on the Chart
- Insert 0 for missing values: If this setting is enabled and no data is found in the source upon data collection, then the missing data is replaced with a zero and a timestamp
- On data collection also re-run last: Here you can set the recollection of previously collected data for a set number of month. If the data within set period had changed, it will be updated
Alert Rules associated with this Metric: This section lists all the Alert Rules (KPI and Global) assigned to this Metric. [+New KPI Alert Rule] to add a new KPI Alert Rule and create one on the go
- For more details check [KPI Alert Rules] Basics for the Alert Wizards or [Global Alert Rules] How do they work for Metrics? articles
- Alert Rules Sending this Metric: This setting allows associating Alert Rules with this Metric. When the selected Alert is generated, the image from this Metric's Chart is going to be applied to a notification
Alert Window: Determines a time interval after which a Metric value is too old for alert processing
- Use custom Alert Window: This setting will over-ride the default Alert Window from the Measurement Interval. For more details see Update Measurement Interval Settings
A Stoplight is a visual indicator of how well a Metric is doing. A Metric can have an underperforming, performing, or outperforming depending on the conditions specified in this tab. The result is denoted by different background shading in the various Metric views over time. Stoplight bands are shown even if Metric is represented as a single data point.
For details refer to Define a Metric's Stoplight.
- Define the Chart layout and appearance with a set of available options
- Statistical view to .. standard deviation: Set the amount of variation you want to chart
Exclude anomalies from Standard Deviation and Moving Average:
- When "No" is set, all data is used to determine Standard Deviation and Moving Average
- When "Yes" is set, then large anomalies are excluded from the calculations
Include a moving average of: Select number and time period. Current data point is excluded from the moving average calculation
- EXAMPLE: The Moving Average for the data point on 8/1 would be based on the 30 days from 7/3 to 8/1, inclusive. The Moving Average for 8/1 would be based on the 30 days from 7/2 to 7/31, inclusive
- Show "maximum ever" line: Select this checkbox to show the maximum line
- Show summary: Define whether the statistics summary information should be displayed in the Metric Viewer
- Do not chart values smaller/greater than: Optionally set to exclude specific values
Settings in this section influence the Value display on the Element's Tile on a Homepage:
- Show values as Currency: Define if the values are currency or not
- Tile shows: Choose what is shown on the tile
- Override Display Mask: Select a Display Mask of Left Axis from the dropdown menu
- Units: Type in the text that should be displayed above the element's current value
- Show percent change from: Choose the period for calculating percent change
- Default view: Set the View all Users will see as a default
Linking a Metric to an enabled Target activates the Target View in the Metric Viewer.
Targets section allows to analyse performance related to organizational goals, such as a forecast or budget. For details refer to Targets Overview.
Setting the Project future values field to 'yes', Setting up the options in this tab activates the Projection View in the Metric Viewer.
- Associations: Select Metrics to be included in the Measurement Interval drop box in the Viewer
Aggregate Metrics: It is possible to aggregate Metrics for other intervals here
- For more details check Create Multiple Aggregates from a Single Metric
Detail Reports / Elements for Further Analysis: Reports added here are going to serve as Drill Path
- For more details check Establish a Drill-Path from a Metric to another Element (Metric Associations)
Announcements are designed to be used to inform Metric Insights users of any news, changes, or instructions essential for the seamless company operation. For more details go through Creating an Announcement on Homepage or Element Viewers article.
In this tab Admins and Power Users can add client-specific documentation. For further details check Adding Documents to Homepage or Element Viewers article.
- Business Owner: Making either a Regular or a Power User the Business Owner of any Element provides NO View Access to the element or access to its Dimension/Values (if any)
- Data Steward: Optional and Informational only. Used to specify User responsible for any existing regulatory or government data rules. When displayed, this field provides a "mail:to" link for specified User
- Technical Owner: Power User designated as the Technical Owner receives Edit Access to the element. Regular User cannot be a Technical Owner
- This Metric is: If this Metric is "internal", it cannot be shared with users who have no account in Metric Insights. For details refer to Sharing elements with users not registered in Metric Insights
- Expire if latest data is more than: Set when the Metric will be transferred to the expired Elements table
- Short display name: Choose the short name for the Metric
- Show data table in Digest: Select either to add the data table to the Digest or not
- Email URL override: When a user clicks on the metric link in a digest, he can be redirected to the external portal/application. Provide a link to the page where a user should be redirected in this field
- Attach file to Digest: If you choose to attach this Metric's chart and info, define a file format from the drop-down list
- [Embed Code]: Metric Chart can be embedded into other web pages. For details refer to Embedding Overview
Engagement tab provides more insight on the element usage and feedback statistics. For more details check Understanding Engagement and Feedback on Elements article.