Accessing Metric Insights via Mobile App
As of 5.5.1, our mobile and web applications now support the entering of a server URL automatically, via a QR code.
The QR code:
- includes the unique server URL (in other words, the code will be specific to that server's URL if you have multiple environments for staging, production, etc.)
- does not include Username and Password
NOTE: the server URL only needs to be set when the app is first installed, or when a server needs to be changed
1. Access the QR code in the MI web app
Log in to your MI web application and access My Mobile page via User menu > My Mobile
2. Scan the QR code with your mobile app
Tap "Scan QR Code" in your MI mobile app to pair your phone with the server.
- Android app will also allow you to configure the name and the URL of the server (See example below)
2.1. Configure the server's name (applicable to Android only)
3. Verify the results
Upon successful connection to the server, the corresponding message will appear on My Mobile page in the web app.
- Optionally, you can send a Test Alert to make sure everything is working properly.
4. Log in to Metric Insights
After the MI server has been configured for your Mobile app, log in with your MI User credentials.