Logging in as a Guest User
Any person using Metric Insights must have a User Account. Each Account belongs to one of three User Types:
- Regular User can view elements
- Power User can both view and edit elements (For more information, see Understanding Power Users)
- Administrator is not limited in their ability to edit or create content; can also manage User accounts and control system behavior
Each of these Account Types is governed by the corresponding Security Provisions:
- Access User List via Admin menu > Users
- Click [+New User]
- Enter User information and Save
Upon Save, you will be redirected to the User Editor where you can grant the corresponding Permissions and Privileges to your User as well as give access to the Metric Insights Objects and Elements for this User Account.
To see details, go to Create a New User Account and Assign to group
Guest Login functionality is controlled by the following configuration variables:
SAML_AUTOCREATE_USERS variable must be set to "false". Having it activated will lead to bypassing the Guest Login feature (a User will not be logged in as Guest but via the new account that will be created for them at login).
To enable Guest User login:
- Go to Admin > Utilities > System Config
- Access and configure the following variables:
- SAML_ASSERTION_ATTRIBUTES_LOGGING can optionally be set to "Y" (if necessary to store attributes of Users that log in via SAML)
- SAML_AUTOCREATE_USERS must be disabled (set to "N")
- SAML_ENABLED must be set to "Y"
- SAML_GUEST_LOGIN_ENABLED must be set to "Y"
- SAML_GUEST_LOGIN_USERNAME stores the name of the Metric Insights account that has been previously created for Guest User access
- [Commit Changes] as prompted
After authorizing on the SAML server, Users will be able access Metric Insights via a Guest account. All permitted Tiles will be displayed on the Homepage.