Certifying Objects Other Than Elements
In Release 6.2.1, objects including Data Sources, Datasets, and User Maps can be Certified. Previously, this function was limited to Elements. The initial implementation only includes additional "Certified" metadata and has no impact on the Data Source's or Dataset's behavior, the Security Model, or other functionality. Power Users with Edit Access to an object's Editor can activate the Certification setting. There is no related Privilege.
6.3.1 Introduces Certification Levels for elements, only. Other object types will continue to use only the yes/no version as described below. For certifying elements in 6.3.1, see Element Certification and Certification Levels.
For versions prior to 6.3.1 to certify Elements, see Certifying an Element (prior versions)
Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources > Name link > Info tab
- Activate the Certified radio button
- The date and first/last name of the User who certified the Data Source displays
- Return to the Data Source list page to see a new Certified? column with"Y" displayed
NOTE: In all drop-downs that display Data Sources, "(certified)" is appended to the object's Name
Content > Datasets/User Maps > Dataset/User Map List > Name link > Info tab
- Select the Certified radio button
- The date and first/last name of the User who certified the Dataset or User Map displays
- Return to the Dataset/User Map list page to see a new Certified? column with"Y" displayed