Create a Tag
Tags are used to relate elements to each other for purposes of identifying similar Reports/Charts allowing a more in-depth analysis of trends. Tags are also used to filter and/or group elements on the Homepage Main Panel.
Tags are one of the customizable Pick Lists that provide the ability to create a new value 'on the fly' while in the process of defining or managing an element. A new Tag may be required if none of the existing values meet the needs of the Element being defined. The same function may be used to edit or delete an existing Tag.
[6.2.5] Introduces Tag Types and Governed Tags. See [new 6.2.5] Governed Tags.
Tags as Governance Definitions
Tags can now be transformed into Governance Definitions—effectively making a tag more meaningful and metadata rich. A Tag that's been deemed "Governance Definition" includes the follow additional fields:
- Tag Type (example: Enterprise KPI)
- Definition (example: Key enterprise performance indicators)
- Description (example: These KPIs are regularly reviewed by executives and below and are reviewed most rigorously by the Enterprise Data Governance team)
- Business Owner
- Technical Owner
- Data Steward
1. Access Content > Tags > Tags
- The list of Tags previously created in the system opens.
- Click [+ New Tag] to open Add Tag pop-up
1.1. Provide Tag Name
- Enter a Tag Name
[Save] to proceed with configuring this Tag in the Tag Editor.
1.2. Add Elements to the Tag
- Open Associations tab
- Select element(s) where Tag is to be added [+ New <element>]
Example of Adding Tag to an Element
- Select element(s) via the checkbox
1.3. Alternatively, you can Create or Add Existing Tags in any Supported Editor > Info or Content tab
- Enter Tag name fragment
- Existing tags will display for selection
If you enter a new Tag name, this Tag will be added when Enter is pressed.
1.4. [New in 6.2.5] Governed Tags (Tag Types)
- To create or update a Tab to be "governed" activate the Governance Definition toggle
- A variety of new fields will be displayed
- (Required) If a Tag is "governed", an existing Tab Type may be selected or a new Tab Type may also be created from this drop-down. To create a Tab Type from the Tags menu see new Step 1.4.1.
- All other newly displayed fields are optional
1.4.1. Create a Tag Type (Content > Tags > Tag Types option)
- [+ New Tag Type] to open popup
- Name the Tag Type
- (optional) Icon will open a display of icons to choose from, or you may upload your own icon from that popup. Chosen icon will display in all Views before the associated Tags.
[Save] to display full Editor