Working with Sections for Custom Fields
Custom Fields (CF) are displayed on various elements and viewers ordered under Sections. All Custom Fields must belong to a Section and a default section is automatically assigned upon CF creation.
The Section Editor allows you to:
Example of how Custom Fields display (Summary data on Metric Viewer):
1. Add a new Section
Admin menu > Reference Objects > Custom Fields > Sections
- Select [+Custom Field Section] to open Editor
- Select meaningful Name
- [Save] to open editor
1.1. Custom Field Editor opens
- (optional) Input a Display Name if you want another name to display on Viewers
- (optional) You can [+Custom Fields] to a Section in this Editor or use the Custom Field Editor to assign Sections, see Set Options in Custom Field Editor
1.2. Add Custom Fields in Section Editor
- In the popup, Multi-Select Fields using check marks
- [+ Add Selected] & return to Editor
- Be sure to [Save] after the grid appears
2. Removing/Reassigning Custom Fields From Section Editor
New in 6.3.0: Allow User to remove CF from a Section and then reassign to a new Section
- Select a Custom Field by clicking on the Delete icon [X] to open the Reassign popup.
2.1. Reassign Popup Opens
- New Custom Field Section will default to "Default"
- Assign to any other Section you have access to via the dropdown