Associate an Event Calendar with a Metric
Event Calendars may be associated with one or more Metrics. A Calendar's individual Events are displayed on the Metric Viewer under the following conditions:
- The Metric must be associated with the Event Calendar on the Event Calendar Editor
- Key Events are always displayed on the associated Metrics (See Understanding Key Events for more information)
- Events not designated as "Key" are shown when the results of the Measurement Date are found to be outside of the Standard Deviation as calculated based on the Metric settings (See Understanding Events for more information)
Individual Events may be hidden by the User with view access to a Metric (See Hide and Un-hide Events for more information)
The purpose of this article is to guide an Administrator or Power User through the process of associating a Metric with an Event Calendar and providing an example of displayed Events.
The list of all Event Calendars previously created in the system opens.
Open the required Event Calendar.
- Make sure that the Applies to list of field is set to 'Individual Metrics' value
- Click [+ New Metric]
- The Add Metric pop-up opens. Select a required Metric from the drop-down list
- You can limit the list using the Search function
Repeat above steps as needed
- A Comprehensive List of Metrics will be populated
- Click on Metric Name to open the Metric Editor
- In Metric Editor, select the View icon
- Events from different Event Calendars are usually shown in different colors
- If you wish to hide events from a specific calendar from the chart, click Manage Overlays below the Metric Navigator. The pop-up screen opens
- Find an Event Calendars table and define which of the calendars should be shown at the chart by checking/unchecking the Event Calendar boxes
- You may also set which Calendar Events other Users will see as default on this Chart
- Save your changes