Using your own favicon with Metric Insights
The favicon, or Favorite icon, is a small square icon typically displayed in the browser's address bar or next to the page title on the tab in a tabbed browser. Metric Insights ships with our default favicon installed.
To install your own favicon, you will need:
- A starting image of at least 70px x 70px
- Run your starting image through http://realfavicongenerator.net/
- Save the generated images to the Metric Insights server
- Switch the Config variable to use your custom favicon
2. Generate the favicon files through http://realfavicongenerator.net/
Use this website to generate the properly named and sized images: http://realfavicongenerator.net/
For the best results, the website recommends a starting image of 260px x 260px as a minimum. You can get away with using a starting image as small at 70px x 70px, though.
The following files will be generated:
3. Save the generated files to your Metric Insights server
After generating all of the files, save them to your Metric Insights server in this folder:
4. Update the config variable "USE_CUSTOM_FAVICON"
5. Open a web browser to Metric Insights
All that is left now is to open a new web browser to your instance of Metric Insights. You should now see your custom favicon.