Making Bulk Changes to Elements
Rather than changing elements one-by-one, the Bulk change feature helps to save time by allowing you to select multiple elements to perform the same change for a field.
Bulk change feature is available for all system elements: Metrics, Multi-Metrics, Reports, External Reports or Other External Content.
- Starting from Version 5.5, Power Users are granted the ability to perform Bulk Changes on those elements to which they have Edit access. The Fields available to Change are restricted by the Security Model. See Power User Limitations for Bulk Changes to Elements for details.
- Starting from Version 6.2, the Bulk Change capability is also available in Datasets.
1. Access Content > Elements
- The list of all elements available in the system opens
- Check the boxes for the elements where the same settings should be changed to a common value
- Click Bulk changes at the bottom of the page
The Choose field and New Value pop-up opens.
2. Choose the field and select the setting which should be applied to all selected elements
- Select the field which should be changed for all elements.
- This filed is dynamically changed depending on the option selected in the field above
Admin options available for Bulk Change:
- Topic: Define single or several topics that unite selected elements. For more details, see: Create a Topic
- Category: Select a common category from the drop-down list. For more details, see: Create a Category
- Business Owner: Select a new business owner of the defined elements from the drop-down list. NOTE: Making either a Regular or a Power User the Business Owner of any Element provides NO View Access to the element.
- Data Collection Trigger: Define a common trigger for the selected elements by choosing one of the Data Collection Triggers from the drop-down list. For more details, see: What are Data Collection Triggers?
- Statistical View - Standard Deviation: Provide the value of Standard Deviation and keep in mind that it will be recalculated for the ENTIRE metric history and affect all alerts on 'Unusual Value'. For more details, see: How are Moving Average and Standard Deviation calculated in MI?
- Moving Average: Specify the interval for which the moving average should be calculated. For more details, see Add a Moving Average line to a Metric chart
- Chart Data Expiration: Define the time period after which the chart data shall be considered expired if it is not updated
- Show Min Ever / Show Max Ever:
- Show Summary: You can enable Statistics summary information (Current Value, % Change, 10 Day Avg, linked elements, etc.) for multiple Metrics at once. Summary information is only applicable to Metrics and is shown at the right of the Metric Viewer. For more details, see: Statistics summary information
- Enabled/Disabled: Define whether selected elements should be enabled or disabled. NOTE: Only elements that have been successfully validated will be enabled.
- Global Access: Setting access to public will make elements accessible to everyone, regardless of account login.
- Visibility: Define whether the element should be visible on the Homepage.
3. Preview and Confirm Changes
- Preview the changes to be applied in the Current value and New Value columns. At this point you can still exclude unnecessary rows by clearing their check-boxes.
- Click Make Updates to save the changes made
Using the Bulk Change button when one or more elements are selected, a Power User can change the settings of elements to which user has Edit Access as follows:
- Change the existing Category of elements if the PU:
- With the Privilege to use Categories with only View Access, selects Categories to which the PU has View or Edit Access
- Without this Privilege, selects only Categories to which the PU has Edit Access
- Change the existing Data Collection Trigger to one of those to which the Power User has at least Use Access