External Report Auto Synchronization for SAP Analytics Cloud
The Auto Synchronization functionality automates creation of External Reports from the SAP Analytics Cloud objects and simplifies the process of updating existing External Reports. This article shows how to set Auto Sync for SAP Analytics Cloud External Reports and describes all specific details of Auto Syncing for SAP Analytics Cloud plugin.
For SAP Analytics Cloud, the system pulls Descriptions, Tags, and Category metadata during synchronization.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources and click the SAP Analytics Cloud Data Source Active Name link to open the Data Source Editor
In the Info tab:
- Activate the Enable Content Auto Synchronization toggle
- Parent Category: Choose the Parent Category where External Reports are synced
- Select the Mirror Folder Hierarchy in SAP Analytics Cloud checkbox to automatically create subcategories and mirror the structure in SAP Analytics Cloud tool
- The hierarchy of categories is based on Path
- External Report Template: Choose the Template from the drop-down menu
In SAP Analytics Cloud Objects tab:
- [Refresh List] updates the Objects list and creates new External Reports placing them into the Category selected in Info tab
- [Run History] provides data on all previous sync runs
NOTE: Each new automatically created External Report is named after the object of its origin.
Metric Insights creates one element per SAP Analytics Cloud Story/Application. They are stored in the Elements tab of SAP Analytics Cloud Data Source Editor.
To check the synced External Reports access their assigned Parent Category from Content > Categories. The External Reports are listed in the Elements tab.