Creating Pivot Tables in Dataset Reports
A Pivot Table is a Report editing tool that summarizes and reorganizes selected columns and rows in a Dataset table to view the data from different perspectives. This article describes how to create and customize a Pivot Table in a Dataset Report.
Open the Report Editor and go to Content tab.
Drag the Pivot table icon into the Drop Components Here section.
- Give the table a descriptive Title
- Choose styling features for the Title
- Rows: Select one or several rows that you want to emphasize
- Columns: Select one or several columns that you want to emphasize
- Measure: Choose the aggregation method (Sum, Min, Max, Avg, Count) and a Field you want to measure
Include Grand Totals: Define if your Report should include any Grand Totals
- Select checkboxes to add Grand Totals for either or both Columns and Rows
- Choose location for the Grand Totals and the Label to be used
- Select formatting features for Rows and Columns
Resulting Pivot Table appearance:
Conditional formatting menu of the column allows to highlight some crucial values so they are easy to spot.