Using Sections and Groups in Dataset Report Tables
Metric Insights provide Users with several ways to enhance a Report's appearance. This article describes how to apply Sections and Groupings to the Report tables.
Sections provide the ability to specify an external break column (sections) for a report grid so that tables can be shown one per value of the column. Grouping provides the ability to specify that a column should group values. When set, the column values that are repeated are instead shown as blank.
Access the Report Editor
Click Edit to open the Table Editor window
- Select the Grouping checkbox
- Drag-and-drop rows to order the Grouping section
Columns in Grouping will immediately appear in the Sort Order section. Adjust the sort as needed.
- Select the Sections checkbox
- Drag-and-drop rows Columns grid to Sections grid
- Fields placed in Grouping grid will immediately appear in the Sort Order section - adjust the sort as needed
- Use the field-level edit icon(s) to apply additional formatting, such as Highlighting
Columns in Sections will immediately appear in the Sort Order section. Adjust the sort as needed.