Adding Column Aggregation to Dataset Report Tables
In Release 5.5 we have added the ability to aggregate numeric fields directly in the Report without the need to a create a new view first. The Report function mimics the ability in the Data Viewer as seen below.
How to access aggregation options:
- via column drop-downs
- via the Column Editor
- via the Table Editor
How aggregation works:
- Aggregation regardless of type (sum, average, minimum, maximum, etc.) allows to display unique pairs of values. If you choose to aggregate values based on a particular parameter (country, product category), the aggregation function will produce only ONE resulting value that will be a sum, an average, a minimum or a maximum value calculated based on all existing values for that parameter.
- When aggregation is applied, matching values in all visible columns will be displayed in sets.
- Since aggregation produces pairs of unique values, sorting will not be applied to the aggregated column.
- Aggregation can be applied to multiple numeric columns.
- Both hidden and displayed columns are included in aggregation.
Known issue for 5.5.0:
- After aggregation has been applied to any numeric column, sorting can not be applied to any other column.
Report without Aggregation
1. Aggregate via Column drop-downs
2. Aggregate via Table Editor
- Edit the Table
- Edit the numeric field(s)
- Select type of Aggregation
Done / Apply to return to full Table Editor
3. Resulting Table
4. Aggregate by 'Ave' instead of 'Sum' - Results
If this is to be your final iteration of the Report, you should Edit the numeric values so that the Field names correctly reflect the values of the data - as seen in the Report Viewer below.