Creating Manual Hyperlinks in a Dataset Report
Metric Insight allows adding hyperlinks leading to different Elements or external sources to the Dataset Report. This article describes how to add a hyperlink to Elements existing in the system.
If you are linking to an External Visual that is included in your Report, the hyperlink process is much simplified. See details here.
The system is expecting numeric hyperlinks to be unformatted. If you are linking on a formatted numeric field, you can add "(Formatted)" suffix to column name like [Total Sales Amount (Formatted)].
Note: there is a space between the Field Name and (Formatted).
- Open Column dropdown menu
- Select "Edit Column" to open the Column Editor
- In the Hyperlinking field
- Type "[" to open auto-suggest for list of fields in your Report (see below)
- To create a Fixed text link that will always show the same text, use this format:
- To create a Dynamic text link, that will change the text of the link according to the linked object, use this format: