Working With Text Blocks
Users can add blocks of text to Dataset Reports to make them even more informative and compelling. This article describes how all the Text Block features work.
To use the Text Block option, drag the Text component to the Report Canvas and select options as needed. Variables in Text Blocks allow Users to add high-level KPIs to their Dataset Reports.
The following formatting functionality is supported:
- Undo/redo (change history)
- Bold, Italic, text alignment (left, center, right)
- Ordered and Unordered lists
- Font color, background color
- Font family
- Font size
- Source code (HTML) viewing and editing (Variables)
The default list of Variables can be extended from:
- Text Block Editor via [Edit]
- Variables drop-down ("Add new..." will open the Text Block editor)
Text Block editor will slide out for input.
Formulas will display in the Variables drop-down on the Text Block component.
- Give the Text Block a descriptive Title (optional)
- [+Variable] to display dropdown options
- Select the system defined type of aggregation (Sum, Ave, Min, Max...)
- Choose Variable (field name or formula name)
[Apply] to add these options to your list of Variables in Text Block.
The new Variable is now available for use anywhere in your Text Block simply by selecting from the Variable dropdown.
Variables must be defined prior to creating the Custom formulas that display them.
- [+Formula] to open popup for new formula
- Display Name: Input descriptive name for the formula
- Formula: Create your Formula using "[" to provide list of available Variables, plus mathematical and arithmetic symbol(s)
- Display Mask: Select a Display Mask if you do not wish to use the default
- [+Formatting Rule] to add standard formatting (select color, text size, background, etc for the Variable)
- [Validate Formula] to verify result before clicking [Done] to return to Variable Editor