Utilize Custom PowerPoint Template for Bursts and Favorites
New in Version 6.1.1 - you can start with a Sample Template and edit it in PowerPoint to create a new custom POTX template for use with Bursts and Favorites.
This functionality will allow you to modify the look and feel of your PowerPoint attachments with your own logo, change the position of images, and customize the text that is displayed on slides.
1. Access PPT Templates via Admin > System > Portal Page Templates
1.1. [+ New Template]
On the Add PowerPoint Template popup:
- Give your Template a unique Name
- [optional] Description
2. Create new template by downloading Default PPTX
- To use new feature, make sure that 'Based on POTX Template' is toggled to On
- Down load the Default Template to your machine
Select the item from your designated download location to open the PPT Editor.
3. In the PPT Editor, Open the Slide Master
- In the View tab, select Slide Master to view the sample Slide types provide by our default Template POTX
Hover over the [title] on each slide to view the supported layouts.
- External Report layout
- Metric layout
- Content Layout
In addition, there is a Title layout and an End Slide layout. These layouts can be modified, copied, and deleted as needed. Metric Insights will use the picture portion of each layout to insert the corresponding elements. Alt text can be added or removed as well. See list of supported Slide types and Tags at the end of this article.
4. Select your new template in the MI Template Editor
- Select your new template via the Browse button
- Select Save to use this template in the Pilot Template you set up earlier
5. Example of Slide for a Metric using your Template
- Metric Name and Description
- Chart image
- Measurement Value and Time
- Expert Commentary information
- Most recent Comment
New Slide types and Tags supported in Metric Insights PowerPoint templates:
- Slide types:
"Content", "Title", "End", "Metric", "Report", "External Report"
[title] - name of the MI element
- [/n] - carriage return
6. How to use a Custom template in Bursts
In Burst Editor > Customize tab:
- Set 'Include PPT document' to 'yes'
- Select a Custom PPT template from the dropdown list