Understanding Portal Pages as a Web Developer
This article provides information for web developers who are starting to get familiar with Portal Pages and answers the following questions:
What Are Portal Pages?
Portal Pages can be embedded directly into your existing Metric Insights Portal, or you can use the Layout function to create your own branded portal or website in which to embed these Pages, with no visible Metric Insights UI.
Where Do I Find Information on Building Portal Pages?
- Portal Page Templates allow building multiple Portal Pages based on a single template, which prevents code duplication and allows customization. This article provides an example of building a Portal Page
- The article above also has a section about Custom Variables - a Portal Page Template utility that provides customization for Portal Pages built with the same Template
- Best Practices for Portal Page Developers answers some of the most frequently asked questions regarding supported Portal Page functionality
- Code Snippets for Portal Pages provides real examples of code that can be used in your Portal Pages
- If you are an MI Admin user, see Overview of Portal Pages