Data Storage Security
Beginning in Release 6.1, Permission to use a Data Storage can be granted to Group or individual Power Users from these Editors:
- Data Storage using a Permissions button
- Group > Power User tab > Data Storage section
- User > Power User tab > Data Storage section
CAUTION: A Default Data Storage is assigned to every Power User.
- If a Power User who ONLY has the default's Permission then creates a new Dataset, the system assigns the default Data Storage
- Once the Power User has been granted Permission to use at least one other Data Storage, the setting will be visible and the User must choose a Data Storage from the associated drop-down list
Once a Data Storage has been designated for a Dataset, it cannot be changed.
This Permission grants Use Access only; the Power User may not Create or Edit a Data Storage or see the related List Page. There is no Privilege or Permission that allows a Power User to create/edit Data Storages.
1. Data Storage Editor: Admin > Content > Dataset > Name link > Permissions button
To grant Permissions using the popup:
- Click the Permission button to open the standard popup
- Use the + buttons to grant Use Access Permissions to Groups and/or individual Power Users
2. Group and User Editors: Power Users tab > Data Storage section
On Group or User Editor > Power User tab:
- Click the + button
- Choose a Data Storage to which Use Access is to be granted