Email Template Security
In Release 6.1, Power Users can manage Email Templates if they have the associated new Privileges.
- Create Email Templates
- Allow Power Users to grant Email Template access to any Power User or Group
These Privileges can be granted on the Email Template Editor or via the Group or User Editor. The basic Privilege allows the Power User to have Edit Access to Templates that the user creates and/or to which the Power User has been granted Permission to edit. The Power User will also be able to grant Edit Access to the Template to Groups and other Power Users, according to whether or not the extended Security Privilege has been granted.
Administrators can edit any Template.
No Use Access is available. No functionality is available to Regular Users.
1. Privileges: Group/User Editor > Info tab
- [ + Privilege to User]
- The "Create Email Templates" Privilege:
- Is the parent of the related "Allow Power Users to grant Email Template access to any Power User or Group" Extended Security Privilege
- Allows a Power User to access Admin menu > Distribution > Email Templates list page in order to use active Name links to the Editors of Email Templates that the Power User created or to which user has been granted Edit Access"
- Without this Privilege, the Power User cannot access the Email Template list page.
- The "Allow Power Users to grant Email Template Edit Access to any Power User or Group" Privilege:
- Allows the Power User to grant Edit Access to any Power User or Group when a Power User has Edit Access to the Template.
- Can only be granted if the User has been granted the parent Privilege.
- Exposes all Groups and all Power Users on the Permissions popups for Email Templates to which Power User has Edit Access
- Without this Privilege, the Power User is only allowed to grant Template Permissions to the Power User's Groups or individual Power User members of these Groups.
2. Assign Permissions: Group/Power User Editor > Power Users tab
- [+ Email Template to Group/User]
- On Popup, select a Template from the drop-down list of Groups/Users that do not already have access
3. Edit Email Template: Admin > Distribution > Email Templates >Templates list page > Name link >Editor > Permissions button
- A Power User with the basic Privilege sees a "Permissions" Button on the Template Editor
- On the standard Permissions popup, use [+ Group to Email Template] to grant Template Edit Access to a Group's Power Users or to an individual Power User.
- The list of Groups or Power Users contained in the Group/Users drop-down lists is controlled by the Extended Security Template Permissions