Portal Page Security
Admins have access to all Portal Page functionality. Regular Users(RU's) have NO access to Portal Page Editors but a Portal Page can be shared with a RU.
Power Users (PU's) do not have the ability to create and manage Portal Pages unless the PU has been granted one or more of the related Privileges that allow the Power User to:
Create Portal Pages (Parent Privilege)
- Create Portal Page Layouts
- Create Portal Page Templates
- Manage Portal Page Assets
- (Extended Security) Allow Power Users to grant Portal Page, Template and/or Layout access to any User or Group
These Privileges may be granted to individual Power Users or to Groups and inherited by Power User members. These Privileges may be granted from the Group Editor or User Editor > Info tab
- Edit Access to a Portal Page may be granted on the Group or User Editor > Power User tab. There is no View Access option since sharing is the same as Viewing.
- Edit Access to an individual Page, Layout or Template Editor may be granted on Permissions popup reached via the Permissions Button on the object's Editor.
Each section below describes the actions that a Power User can take once granted the Privilege.
Portal Page Sharing
In Release 6.2.5, a new toggle ensures that Portal Pages are only accessible to the Groups members and individual Users with whom the page is shared. There is also a new setting that allows Sharing to be limited to one to three User Types. These additions are explained below.
1. Portal Page Privileges
(Admin): Admin menu > Users & Groups > List page > Users or Groups tab > User or Group Editor > Info tab >
(Power User): Admin menu > Groups > List page > active Name link > Group Editor > Info tab
2. Create New or Edit a Portal Page
Admin > Portal Pages > List page > Active Name Link > Portal Page Editor
Once a Power User has been granted the "Create Portal Page" Privilege, the Content menu contains a "Portal Pages" option. This Privilege is the parent of all other Portal-related Privileges.
- When the Power User only has the "Create Portal Page" Privilege", no tab is shown when the List Page is opened
- When the Power User has been granted Create Portal Page Templates or Layouts and/or to Manage Assets, Privileges the tab related to that Privilege appears on the List Page
- With all Portal Page Privileges, the Power User sees the list page as shown above.
When a Power User attempts to Add a new Portal Page, the task cannot be completed without either:
- Permission to use to at least one Portal Page Template
Power Users can use the Permissions buttons to grant Edit Access Permissions to Groups' Power User members or to individual Power Users. These Power Users can Edit the Portal Page's settings.
Power Users who have Edit Access to a Portal Page are not guaranteed that it is "shared" with them Sharing is explicit and is applies to Admins, Power Users and Regular Users if the options to ony allow viewing of the Portal Page to Users with whom the Portal Page has been shared or to specific Types of Users are set.
2.1. Share Portal Pages
Content > Portal Pages > Portal Page list page > active Name link > selected Portal Page editor
NOTE: Power Users can only access a Portal Page editor if user has Edit Access.
- If the [Users must be in Page Access List to View Page] toggle is activated, the Portal Page is ONLY accessible to selected Users appearing in the Users with Page Access grid
- NOTE: The toggle defaults to "on" (Green)
- When the toggle is "on", the system displays this editable formatted text block is used to specify "Access Denied Message"; e.g., "This page is not accessible because it has not been shared with you. Contact your system administrator to request access."
- This message can be changed to meet an individual customer's needs
- If the toggle is "on", a User who is not in the Users with Page Access grid does not see the Portal Page when first logged into Metric Insight.
- In the Display to User Types section, choose those User Types with which this Portal Page is to be shared
- Administrators must be in the Group(s) selected or added individually in order to see the Portal Page on the Homepage if the "Admins" toggle is activated.
- This section's settings are applied whether or not the toggle [Users must be in Page Access List to View Page] is on.
This Privilege is the Child of "Create Portal Pages"
With this Privilege, on the Add Portal Page popup, the user has the Template option of "None"; if selected, opens an HTML section in the Portal Page editor that is used to enter the code that builds the Portal Page.
4. Create Portal Page Layouts
This Privilege is a Child of "Create Portal Pages" Privilege so must also have the Parent Privilege.
5. Create Portal Page Templates
This Privilege is a Child of "Create Portal Pages" Privilege so must also have the Parent Privilege. Permission to use or Edit a Template can be granted on the Template's editor and, beginning in Rel 6.2.3, via. a Group's or individual Power User's editor's Power Users tab.
6. Manage Portal Page Assets and Asset Folders
As of Release 6.1.1, this Privilege allows Power Users to manage Portal Page Asset Folders.
- Open the Portal Pages > Assets tab
- See that folders are listed at the top of the grid
- Notice that assets are found after the folders
7. Allow Power Users to grant access to Portal Pages, Templates and/or Layouts and as well as to a Portal Page or Asset Folder to any User or Group
This Extended Security Privilege is a Child of "Create Portal Pages" Privilege so must also have the Parent Privilege. If the child is selected when adding Privileges to a User or Group, the Parent is automatically selected unless the User or Group already has "Create Portal Pages"
It expands a Power User's authority to allow granting Portal Page object access to any Power User or Group". With this Privilege, the Power user sees all Groups and all Power Users on the Permissions popups for Portal Pages, Templates, and Layouts to which Power User has Edit Access. As of Release 6.1.1, this Privilege also includes Portal Page Asset Folders.
If the Power User does not have this Privilege, the Power User can only grant Portal object Permissions to the Power User's Groups or individual Power User members of these Groups. (default behavior)