Notification Schedule Security (prior to Rel. 6.3.0)
Both Regular (RU's) and Power Users (PU's) can use any Public Notification Schedule when creating Bursts and other Collaborative Items; e.g., Alert Digest. Both types of users can also create a Private Notification Schedule by clicking the Plus Sign (+) icon on the Burst Editor and completing a small popup. Any Private Schedule is only available to the user who created it. No Privilege is required for either of these actions.
In previous releases, the "Allow User to create High Frequency Schedules" Privilege was made available to be granted to RU's and PU's on the User or Group Editor. With this Privilege, the user can create a Schedule with a frequency of a specified number of minutes or hours. Otherwise, the minimum frequency is one or more days. This Privilege continues to be available for assignment.
Power Users 5.5.0 and beyond
In Release 5.5.0, a PU with the related Privileges and Permissions can now access the full Notification Schedule Editor with the ability to:
- Set the Schedule to "Public"
- Update any setting on the Editor
- Grant Permissions to Groups and Power Users to Edit a specific Schedule.
Two new Power User Privileges have been added for Notification Schedules:
- Access Full Notification Schedule Editor (Parent)
- Allow Power Users to grant Notification Schedule access to any Power User or Group (Child)
With the "Access Full Notification Schedule Editor" Privilege, a Power User sees a Notification Schedules entry in the Admin menu and, when selected, opens a Notification Schedule list page. There are Active Name links in the grid to allow the PU to open the editor of those Notification Schedules to which the user has Edit Access.
In addition, an Admin or a Power User with Edit Access can grant Edit Access Permission for a Group or Power User to a public Notification Schedule on one of the following:
- Notification Schedule Editor > Permissions button (only visible on Public Schedules)
- User Editor > Power User tab (Admins only)
- Group Editor > Power User tab (Admins or PU's with Edit Access to the Group)
With the extended Security Privilege, "Allow Power Users to grant Notification Schedule access to any Power User or Group", a PU is not limited to granting access to Groups to which the user belongs and Power User Members of those Groups. Edit Access may be assigned to any PU or Group.
As noted above, RU's can create Private Notification Schedules and use these, as well as any Public Schedule, when scheduling a Burst or Collaborative Digests and Notifications. RU's can only edit Private Schedules that they created themselves. Beginning with Release 6.1.1, access to a selected Private schedule Editor is only available via the edit icon next to the setting on the object being scheduled. The "My Schedules" entry in the user's menu has been removed.
Add Notification Schedule Privileges on User or Group Editor
On the Group Editor > Info tab, an Admin or a PU with Edit Access to the Group may grant the Notification Schedule Privileges to be inherited by PU members of the Group. In the case of the High Frequency Schedule Privilege, it will be inherited by RU members of the Group.
On the User Editor > Info tab > + Privilege to Group, an Admin may grant Notification Schedule Privileges to a RU or PU, with the RU being restricted only to the High Frequency Schedule Privilege.
- Find a Public Notification Schedule Editor in the list page
- Open its Editor and click the Permissions button
- On Notification Schedule Permissions popup, click the Plus button and select User or Group
- On popup, either Provide "Use" or "Edit" Access to the Group or User
Add Permissions from a Group or User Editor
On the Group Editor > Power Users tab > + Notification Schedule to Group > + Notification Schedule to Group, an Admin or a PU with Access to the Group may grant the Group Use or Edit Access to the selected Schedule to be inherited by its PU members.
On the User Editor > Power Users tab > + Notification Schedule to User, an Admin may grant the user Access to an individual Notification Schedule. Power Users may be granted Edit Access to allow them to access the full Notification Schedule editor IF they have the "Access Full Notification Schedule Editor" Privilege.
Use Access allows a Power or Regular user to select a Private Notification Schedule for a Burst or a Collaborative Item.
Functionality Added to Burst Editor
- On the Burst Editor > Content tab > Schedule Setting
- User always sees Add (plus sign Icon) that can be used to create a new schedule but when Power User has selected a Schedule to which the User has Edit Access, User also sees an Edit icon that can be used to Edit the selected Schedule on its full Editor.