Power User Review of Regular User Content
This new feature provides:
- A new Privilege for PU’s: “Login as Regular User Group Members to review content”
- The ability to add Sub-Groups to a Primary Group using a new Section/Grid on the Group Editor > Power Users tab permits Admins to add Sub-Groups to a Primary Group.
- A Sub-Group may also be a “primary” of other Sub-Groups added by Admins via its Group Editor > Power Users' tab > Group section. Only one level of primary/sub relationship logic is supported.
- If a Sub-Group is removed from its Primary, related functionality is removed from Power User members of the Primary Group.
This makes it possible for Power Users in the Primary Group to:
- Login as Regular User members of the related Sub-Groups to review the content of their Homepages
- Grant Permissions to the related Sub-Groups but not to individual Sub-Group members
Combined with the "Create Group" Privilege, a Power User can access the related Sub-Groups' Group Editor.
1. Admins Only: Add Sub-Groups to a Primary Group: Group Editor > Power Users tab > Groups Managed by Power Users in this Group section
- [+ Group to Manage]
- Select a Group
Example: After adding two Groups, they appear in the grid.
- These are Sub-Groups.
- The Marketing Primary Group only becomes a Primary Group after one or more Sub-Groups is added to its Editor.
2. Add associated Privilege to the Group: Group Editor > Info tab
- [+ Privilege To Group]
- Filter by "login"
- Select the Privilege: "Login as Regular User Group Members to review content"
- Important: The Group/Sub-Group feature only works as expected if the Primary Group has this Privilege
- Privilege appears in the grid
Add other Privileges to the Group as needed.
3. Access Members of the Primary and Sub-Groups: Power User homepage > Admin > Users > Users List page
Power User members of the Primary Group inherit the "Login as..." Privilege. After adding at least one Power User to the Primary Group and other users to the Primary and/or Sub-Groups, Power User members can:
- "Login as" Regular User Members of the Primary and its Sub-Groups.
- Grant Permissions to the Primary and Sub-Groups when the Power User has Edit Access to the object
- Only grant object Permissions to individual members of the Primary Group since the Power User is a member of this Group
4. Expand Related Power User Capabilities
- Optionally, add the "Create Groups" Privilege to the Primary Group or to one or more individual Power User Members of the Primary Group
- Power Users with both the "Login as...." and "Create Group" Privileges can:
- "Login as" Regular User Members of the Primary and its Sub-Groups as well as those who are members of Groups that the PU creates or to which the PU has been granted Edit Access
- Access the Group Editor of the Sub-Groups and any other Groups that the PU creates or to which the PU has been granted Edit Access
- Power Users cannot add Sub-Groups to a Group even if the PU has access to the Group's Editor: only an Admin can perform this function.