In Release 6.2.5, the ability to designate a Document as as "Global Document" is provided and includes new:
- Power User Privilege: "Create Global Document"
- "Visible To" setting that allows sharing with one of more Types of Users
- Special menu on the upper toolbar that only contains Global Documents if any have been shared with the user
- If only "Groups" is selected, an Admin must be a member of Groups to which a Global Document is visible
1. Document Privilege
(Admin): Admin menu > Users & Groups > List page > Users or Groups tab > User or Group Editor > Info tab > Add Privilege to User or Group
(Power User): Admin menu > Groups > List page > active Name link > Group Editor > Info tab > Add Privilege to Group
- Select the "Create Global Documents" Privilege
2. Share a Global Document
Content menu > Docs > List Page > Active Name link > Document Editor > Sharing tab
Only Documents set to be a Global Document may be shared; otherwise, the Sharing tab is not visible. Only Power Users with the "Create Global Documents" Privilege may Share a Document.
- In the Share with specific User Types section, activate sliders to only those User Types with which the Document is to be shared
- Use the [+Share with Groups] button to chose the Groups with which the Global Document is to be shared;
- Sharing will be limited to only those User Types with sliders activated in Step 1.