Event Calendar Security
For earllier release Security, see Add Event Security on User/Group Editors
There are no assignable Privileges related to Event Calendars. By Default, PU’s have an implied Privilege to “Create Event Calendars”.
A PU who creates an Event Calendar is its default Owner. As Owner, a PU full edit capabilities.
Any Administrator may change the Owner of an Event Calendar to any PU thereby giving full Edit Accses.
Only Admins may grant Permission to allow both Regular and Power Users to add or modify Events associated with a specific Event Calendar associated with an element from the element's Viewer.
PU’s do not have the ability to grant these Permissions, even to Groups that the PU has Permission to Edit.
Permissions can be applied to:
- Individual PU's
- Groups for inheritance by members of the Group
The Owner setting is not visible to a PU that owns the Event Calendar.
1. Granting Permissions from an Event Calendar
1.1. Event Calendar List (Admin > Event Calendars )
PU will only see those Event Calendars for which they are Owners. Admins will, of course, see all Calendars.
1.2. Event Calendar Permissions
While PU have full Edit Access to the Event Calendars that they own, they will never see the Permissions button displayed.
- Click the Permissions button to open the Event Calendar Permissions pop-up
- Select to add Permissions to a Group for inheritance by all PU and Regular members (no restrictions on Groups)
- Select to add Permissions to a specific Regular or Power User. NOTE: There are no restrictions on selection any User to modify or add Events.
4.1. Metric Viewer
- The Add Event button will only display when the Metric has been associated with one or more Event Calendars via the Event Calendar Editor.
- Additionally, PU’s and RU’s will only see the Add Event button if User has been granted Permission to Add Event to one or more of the associate Calendars
- When clicked, the Add Event popup opens.
- The Calendar drop-down list contains all of the Event Calendars associated with this Metric and for which the User has Permission to Add Events.
Note: the functionality provided on the Viewer is only "Add a new Event". Removing or modifying an Event can only be done via the Event Calendar Editor. For more details, refer to Understanding Events