Configuring Custom Email Template Header/Footer Images for a Brand
Beginning in v6.3.2, users can configure custom header/footer images for notifications to be used for branding. Theme colors associated with a Brand will be also applied to the emailed Tiles.
This article explains how to customize a Burst to include custom header/footer images, logos, and Themes by combining configurations from Brands and Email Templates.
This article assumes that you have already created a custom Brand and Burst.
Access Admin > System > Branding > Brand Name Link
[+Upload New Header] / [+Upload New Header] to upload custom images from your computer.
You can upload as many images as needed. These images will then appear as options for custom headers/footers for Digest Templates. See the note below.
Images selected for header/footer in Brand Editor will not be automatically applied to Bursts. This functionality is controlled by FOOTER_IMAGE and HEADER_IMAGE Settings of Digest Templates used for Bursts.
If values for these Settings are empty, a Digest Template will use values from Email Template defaults, just like the default Digest Template Burst - Any Image Size. See the screen below.
The default Burst - Any Image Size template cannot be deleted or modified.
We recommend that you duplicate it to be able to control the settings, including those for footer and header.
Access Admin > Distribution > Email Templates > duplicate default Digest Template > Settings
Assign new Values for FOOTER_IMAGE / HEADER_IMAGE.
You will be able to choose from all custom uploaded footer/header images without any dependencies on a Brand.
Access Content > Bursts > Burst Name Link > Customize
- Choose Email Template that you have configured at the previous step
- These custom footer and header will be used FOR ALL Bursts that will be using this Template, regardless of the Brand and Groups that belong to it.
- A Burst using this Template will use the Theme from the user's current Brand. Burst Theme = Theme from the user's current Brand (if "System", then "System" Brand Theme).
- If HEADER_IMAGE Setting is left blank for a Template, a Burst will use a logo as a header from the user's current Brand.
- The Email From Name will be gathered from the user's current Brand.