Setting Defaults for New Users
Templates allow you to set a number of User attributes automatically when creating new Users. Most of the templates will allow different defaults to be set based on User's Authority Level (currently defined for either Admin or Regular User).
NOTE: The values set in the templates will not change any existing Users - and any of these fields can be independently changed by accessing the associated screens from User Editor, either while creating users or after.
After the first login a user can set up his own defaults at My Preferences menu at the top right corner of the screen below his Username.
Open New User Defaults
Access Admin > Users & Groups > Defaults
There are currently three sets of Templates for available for setting User-level defaults:
Each these will have separate screens for defining defaults for Admin and Regular Users.
The User and Admin screens are both described in this section.
For more information on these fields, see My Settings (aka "Preferences")
1.1. Info Tab
- Set preference for warning message generation
- This setting is applied to validating substitution parameters in SQL statements at Metric/Report Editor > Data Collection.
1.2. Home Page Display Tab
You can setup the default Homepage display for new Regular Users or New Administrators.
- Set to display or hide listing of Categories
- Content Layout: Select tile or list layout
- Set Defaults:
- Start Page: Dropdown contains the Portal Pages you are authorized to view.
- Homepage Refresh Display: Set automatic refresh frequency (set higher to reduce refresh frequency, if necessary)
- Show Tiles Previews: If this option is 'Off', upon single-clicking a tile user is sent directly to an element Viewer. If "On', single-clicking leads to a Preview page and double clicking leads to the Viewe
- Tile color scheme: Choose a combination of colors that are going to define Performing, Underperforming and Outperformoing values. This powerful tool makes the Homepage easier to scan and grasp a bigger picture within seconds.
- Clear flags from Tiles after: The time after which Alert, Annotation or Note icons should be hidden when hovering over them
The User and Admin screens are both described in this section
- Enable .. Alerts: When a new User is created, he is usually assigned to some existing User Group providing him with certain Permissions and automatically subscribing him to Alerts that the Group is subscribed to. Define whether these alerts should be enabled.
- Send image with text message: relates to SMS/MMS functionality.
- Define the primary and secondary methods of Alerts receiving.
- Alert me: Configure alert persistence
3.1. User Defaults
- Notifications On: global control for turning on all Notifications
- Daily Favorites Digest: set specific options for Favorites digests
- Collaborative notifications: set how Collaborative notifications are sent or if at all
- Send Collaborative activity for: set which Reports/Metrics User will see in Collaborative Notifications