Establish Connectivity to Oracle Business Intelligence
This article describes how to connect to Oracle Business Intelligence in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
[Release 6.x]: 'Remote Data Collector' renamed to 'Remote Data Processor'
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select the Type of the New Data Source
- Select "Other" and choose "Oracle Business Intelligence" from the drop-down list
- Move to the Next step
3. Provide the Required Parameters
- Data Source Name: set a name for the data source
- Server: define the server protocol (http or https) and a hostname
- Username: note that your Username must be in the same format that your Oracle Business Intelligence server uses for authentication
- Password: provide your password credential
4. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector]
Generate Object List
- automatically: all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Object List Refresh Trigger: from the dropdown, select the Trigger that will be used to fetch data via the Oracle Business Intelligence plugin
- Object Selection Method: specify how Oracle Business Intelligence Reports will be fetched
- Optionally, state the maximum number of concurrent Threads to utilize during data and/or image fetch to be used in background processing when the system updates Reports for this Data Source
- If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded
- Test Connection (this will also Save your data)
5. Other settings
- You can create Datasets directly from the respective tab
- Click Permissions to assign permissions to Groups or Power Users