Establish Connectivity to Graphite
This article describes how to connect to Graphite to be used as Data Source in Metric Insights.
Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+New Data Source]
- Choose "Graphite" from Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
- Input a descriptive phrase in Data Source Name
- Specify Root Folder, if needed
NOTE: Leaving Root Folder unspecified will return all Graphite Objects. Graphite allows users to specify only two upper levels of folders (see the example on the screen below)
- To collect all Objects from a specific folder, specify its name in the following format: folder.*; e.g., carbon.*
- To collect all Objects from a specific sub-folder, specify the path to it in the following format: folder.sub-folder; e.g., carbon.agents or carbon.aggregator
- NOTE: Leaving Root Folder unspecified will return all Graphite Objects. Graphite allows users to specify only two upper levels of folders (see the example on the screen below)
- Enter Graphite Server
Optionally, toggle on Enable On-Demand Element Creation
The Optional Graphite Parameters allow for configuring date parameters for data collection.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended to use native date and time format: 00%3A00_20210806. Refer to the Graph URL for correct dates (see the screen below).
Advanced Configuration settings can be set to default values unless Data Source requires more precise tuning. For more details on how to proceed, refer to Advanced Data Source Configuration.
Click [Test Connection] in the upper right corner