Establish Connectivity to ThoughtSpot
This article describes how to connect to ThoughtSpot in order to load data into Datasets and Reports in Metric Insights.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select the Type of the New Data Source
- Select "Other" and choose "ThoughtSpot" from the drop-down list
- [Next step]
3. Required ThoughtSpot Parameters
- Data Source Name: set a name for the data source
- Server: define the server protocol (http or https) and a hostname
Username/Password: must be in the same format that your ThoughtSpot server uses for authentication
- NOTE: Username and Password are required by the ThoughtSpot API.
4. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Collector: is set to "no" by default
- If required, switch to "yes" and add a Remote Data Collector by clicking [+New Remote Collector]
- Generate Object List: If automatically is chosen, provide a trigger from the dropdown below
- Test Connection in upper right (this will also Save your data)