Establish Connectivity to Microsoft SSRS
This article details how to connect to MS SSRS to build Elements in Metric Insights.
- SSRS 2019 15.0.7243.37714
NOTE: Versions outside of this list may be supported but are not actively tested. If you have an older or newer version, please work with [email protected] so that we understand your requirements.
1. Access Admin > Collection & Storage > Data Sources
- [+New Data Source]
- Choose "Microsoft SSRS" from the Other drop-down list
- [Next Step]
2. Provide the Required Microsoft SSRS Parameters
- Set a descriptive Data Source Name
- Provide Report Server URL for accessing the SSRS reports
- Specify the host name of the SSRS Server
- Enter Username and Plugin Password
Optionally, toggle on Enable On-Demand Element Creation
3. Specify Optional Microsoft SSRS Paremeters
Enter a domain if SSRS login requires it
Specify if you want to use specific SSRS folders only
4. Advanced Configuration
Use Remote Data Processor defaults to "no".
- Set to "yes" and add an RDP via [+New Data Processor] that will appear below
- Defaults to "automatically" and requires selecting Object List Refresh Trigger
- Set to "manually" to add reports one-by-one or via a CSV file