Establish Connectivity to Microsoft SSRS
This article describes the process of creating plug-in Data Source to connect to SSRS. This Data Source will allow data from existing SSRS objects to be used in building elements using Metric Insights.
1. Access Admin > Data Sources
At the bottom of the screen click [+ New Data Source].
The Select the Type of New Data Source pop-up opens.
2. Select "Other" Data Source Type and choose "Microsoft SSRS" from the drop-down list
3. Provide the Required Microsoft SSRS Parameters
- Data Source Name: defaults to a unique name, but may be modified to a descriptive name of your own.
- server: the host name of your SSRS server
- Report Server URL: the relative url for accessing your SSRS reports
- Username / Password: This is the username and password you use to access Microsoft SSRS.
- Test Connection (this will also Save)
Optional Microsoft SSRS Parameters:
- domain: Enter domain if SSRS login requires it
- Starting folder(s): Use this parameter if you want to specify specific SSRS folders only
4. Advanced Configuration
External Reports fetch method: This setting influences options available in the Microsoft SSRS Reports List tab:
- automatically: just click Refresh list and all Reports are going to be fetched by the system
- manually: Reports may be added one-by-one or via CSV file
- Optionally, specify the maximum number of concurrent Threads per Trigger execution to be used in background processing when the system updates Metrics and Reports for this Data Source. If you do not specify any value for this setting, batch data collection processing will be single-threaded.
5. Other Settings
- You can create elements or Datasets directly from the respective tabs
- Click Permissions to assign them to Groups or Power Users